Posted 2014 July 08
A Workshop at the 2014 Mac Admins Conference at Penn State
by Tom Bridge, Vaughn Miller, Anthony Reimer, and Randy Saeks
Slide decks are provided so that you don’t have to write down long URLs and the like — they may not be of as much use to those who didn’t attend. There are many live links, especially in the Professional Development deck. All are provided in PDF format.
- Introduction and Overview
- Procurement and Model Selection
- Deployment: From Unknown to Known to Desired
- Packaging: What All Mac Admins Should Know
- Choosing the Right Deployment Method and Workflow
- Multi-Platform Environments
- Maintenance: Keeping Computers Up To Date
- One Maintenance Solution: Munki-in-a-Box
- Client Management and User Experience
- Client Support: Troubleshooting Tools
- Computer End of Life: Considerations, Sane Disposal
- Where Everything Fits*
- Professional Development*
* Re-exported as full-page slides (2014-07-21) for easier reading/use.
Originally posted on the University of Calgary Integrated Arts Media Labs web site.