This page is designed to share resources that I have created or co-created for Apple-centric system administrators. Unless otherwise indicated, items listed by year are from presentations given at conferences. (Articles and audio interviews hosted on external sites are also included in the list.) You can find my self-published Mac-related writings on the Blog portion of this site.
Here are the resources in reverse chronological order:
- The Mac Hardware/Software Obsolescence Chart that graphically represents which Macs support what operating systems and features. Available under a Creative Commons by-nc-sa Licence.
- My AutoPkg recipes repo in the AutoPkg project.
- My GitHub repo, which is mostly populated with forks for pull requests and more recent conference presentation resources.
- Writing AutoPkg Recipes — a workshop (with content co-developed with Elliot Jordan) at EveryWorld (virtual conference hosted by AUC in Australia), November 27 (AEDT). A similar workshop was also held virtually at the London Apple Admins meetup, 19 November.
- Things I Learned from the AutoPkg Maintainers — MacAdmins Campfire Sessions (virtual conference hosted by Penn State University), June 4.
- Writing and Understanding AutoPkg Recipes — MacTech Conference (Los Angeles, CA, USA), October 17.
- Appeared on Episode 121 of the Mac Admins Podcast discussing Meetups (with a little MacDeployment Conference and curling thrown in for good measure) with Tom Bridge, Charles Edge, and Marcus Ransom, posted May 11.
- AutoPkg Level-Up — MacAdmins Conference at Penn State (State College, PA, USA), July 12.
- Deployment: We Need To Talk — Mac Admins and Developers (MacAD.UK) Conference (London, UK), 20 February.
- Sharing What We've Learned — a workshop by Anthony Reimer and Vaughn Miller at the MacAdmins Conference at Penn State (State College, PA, USA), July 11.
- Sharing What We've Learned — a workshop by Anthony Reimer and Vaughn Miller at the MacDeployment Conference, University of Calgary, June 8:
- Slide Deck;
- Resources links (as posted on Vaughn’s blog);
- Slides with speaker notes for Blogging with GitHub Pages segment.
- Appeared on Episode 28 of the Mac Admins Podcast discussing Canadian Conferences with Tom Bridge, Charles Edge, Emily Kausalik, Pepijn Bruienne, Marcus Ransom, and co-guest Mat X, posted March 20. (Due to a technical issue, I sound like a chipmunk, à la Alvin and the Chipmunks, in this episode. We fixed that for my next appearance.)
- Practical Deployment Techniques for Small Labs, 2016 Edition — MacAdmins Conference at Penn State (State College, PA, USA), June 29 (presented remotely); video also available.
- An Introduction to 3D Printing for Mac Admins — a presentation by Rob Furr and Anthony Reimer at the MacDeployment Conference, University of Calgary, June 16; also presented by Rob Furr at the MacAdmins Conference at Penn State, June 28.
- An Introduction to 3D Printing for Mac Admins — MacTech Conference, November 5.
- Managing Third Party Software with AutoPkg(r) — MacDeployment Workshop, University of Calgary, June 18:
- Modular Image Creation (Yes, it's still a Thing) — MacAdmins Conference at Penn State (State College, PA, USA), July 9.
- Mac Admin Fundamentals — a one-day workshop by Tom Bridge, Vaughn Miller, Anthony Reimer, and Randy Saeks, July 8 at the 2014 MacAdmins Conference at Penn State (State College, PA, USA).
- Mac Deployment: Tools and Strategies — Mac Deployment Workshop, University of Calgary, June 5:
- InstaUp2Date + AutoDMG — an article on how you can migrate your InstaDMG workflow to AutoDMG, published on AFP548. (Note: Read the comments, as some of the tricks described are no longer required in version 1.4 and later.)
- Deployment: A Pedagogical Manifest(o), an article on deployment terminology, published on AFP548.
- Which Deployment Method is Right for Us? — MacIT Conference (San Francisco, CA, USA), Feb. 2.
- Practical Deployment Techniques for Small Labs — Penn State MacAdmins Conference (State College, PA, USA), May 2.
- Presenting with an iPad (1st Generation) — University of Calgary Mac Support Meeting in February.
- Should I Switch to a Mac? — Faculty Technology Days at the University of Calgary in May (presented twice)
- Building Master Images using Packages and InstaDMG — University of Calgary Mac Lab Managers Meeting in February.
- Disk Imaging and Software Deployment (How do we do it? How should we do it?) — University of Calgary Mac Lab Managers Meeting, February 21.