This page is designed to share resources that I have created or co-created. Most commonly, presentations given at various Mac admins conferences will have their slide decks and/or handouts posted or linked here. Articles posted on external sites as well as those self-published prior to the creation of my Mac Labs Blog (in 2017) are also included in the list.
Here are the resources in reverse chronological order:
- The Mac Hardware/Software Obsolescence Chart that graphically represents which Macs support what operating systems and features. Available under a Creative Commons by-nc-sa Licence
- My AutoPkg recipes repo in the AutoPkg project.
- My GitHub repo, which is mostly populated with forks for pull requests and more recent conference presentation resources.
- Writing and Understanding AutoPkg Recipes — a presentation at the 2019 MacTech Conference (Los Angeles, CA, USA), October 17.
- Appeared on Episode 121 of the Mac Admins Podcast discussing Meetups (with a little MacDeployment Conference and curling thrown in for good measure) with Tom Bridge, Charles Edge, and Marcus Ransom, posted May 11.
- AutoPkg Level-Up — a presentation at the MacAdmins Conference at Penn State (State College, PA, USA), July 12
- Deployment: We Need To Talk — a presentation at the Mac Admins and Developers (MacAD.UK) Conference (London, UK), 20 February
- Sharing What We've Learned — a workshop by Anthony Reimer and Vaughn Miller at the MacAdmins Conference at Penn State, July 11
- Sharing What We've Learned — a workshop by Anthony Reimer and Vaughn Miller at the MacDeployment Conference (Calgary), June 8:
- Slide Deck
- Resources links (as posted on Vaughn’s blog)
- Slides with speaker notes for Blogging with GitHub Pages segment
- Appeared on Episode 28 of the Mac Admins Podcast discussing Canadian Conferences with Tom Bridge, Charles Edge, Emily Kausalik, Pepijn Bruienne, Marcus Ransom, and co-guest Mat X, posted March 20. (Due to a technical issue, I sound like a chipmunk, à la Alvin and the Chipmunks, in this episode. We fixed that for my next appearance.)
- Practical Deployment Techniques for Small Labs, 2016 Edition — a (remote) presentation by Anthony Reimer for the Mac Admins Conference @ Penn State, June 29; video also available
- An Introduction to 3D Printing for Mac Admins — a presentation by Rob Furr and Anthony Reimer at the MacDeployment Conference (Calgary), June 16; also presented by Rob Furr at the Mac Admins Conference @ Penn State, June 28.
- Office 2016 VL Deployment Q&A — a quick summary of what's important when deploying Office 2016 under a volume license agreement.
- An Introduction to 3D Printing for Mac Admins — a presentation at the 2015 MacTech Conference, November 5 (slides include notes).
- outset Out of the Ordinary — an article on how I tried to use outset to push out the OS X 10.10.4 update.
- Managing Third Party Software with AutoPkg(r) — presentations at MacDeployment 2015:
- Feeding AutoDMG and DeployStudio with AutoPkg — article written for online publication.
- Modular Image Creation (Yes, it's still a Thing) — a presentation at the 2014 Mac Admins Conference at Penn State, July 9.
- Mac Admin Fundamentals — a one-day workshop by Tom Bridge, Vaughn Miller, Anthony Reimer, and Randy Saeks, July 8 at the 2014 Mac Admins Conference at Penn State.
- Mac Deployment: Tools and Strategies — a one-day workshop for Mac Admins in Alberta, June 5 at University of Calgary (multiple speakers).
- InstaUp2Date + AutoDMG — an article on how you can migrate your InstaDMG workflow to AutoDMG, published on AFP548. (Note: Read the comments, as some of the tricks described are no longer required in version 1.4 and later.)
- Deployment: A Pedagogical Manifest(o), an article on deployment terminology, published on AFP548.
- Which Deployment Method is Right for Us? — a presentation at the 2013 MacIT Conference (San Francisco, CA, USA), Feb. 2.
- Practical Deployment Techniques for Small Labs — a presentation at the 2012 Penn State MacAdmins Conference, May 2.
- Presenting with an iPad (1st Generation) — slides from the presentation at the University of Calgary Mac Support Meeting in February
- Should I Switch to a Mac? — slides from the two presentations for Faculty Technology Days at the University of Calgary in May
- Building Master Images using Packages and InstaDMG — slides from the presentation to the University of Calgary Mac Lab Managers Meeting in February.
- Disk Imaging and Software Deployment (How do we do it? How should we do it?) — slides from the presentation to the University of Calgary Mac Lab Managers Meeting, February 21.